Crossover Nissan Qashqai has been produced since December 2006, presented in 2 generations-J10 and J11 bodies. Replacing brake pads Nissan Qashqai with their own hands-a simple job, and many car owners perform such an operation on their own.
- replacement of Nissan Qashqai front brake pads
- replacement rear brake pads Nissan Qashqai
- brake pads Nissan Qashqai
- replacement brake pads Nissan Qashqai
The rear brakes on the “Qashqai” – also disc, as well as the front. Disc brake system (TC) is much easier to repair and maintain than the drum, respectively, in the brakes with discs pads change easier and faster than in the vehicle with drums.
Replacement of Nissan Qashqai front brake pads
On any car brake pads (TC) are considered consumables, they are subject to replacement after a certain mileage, the replacement period is established by the maintenance regulations. Front of TC on the model of the Nissan Qashqai changed in 30 thousand kilometers or as they wear. Before the due time, the pads can be worn for various reasons:
- the car is often used in wet, rainy weather, in large puddles;
- the driver uses an aggressive driving style, with sharp braking.
To replace the front brake pads with your own hands, a pit or lift is not necessary to use, the replacement can be made directly on the ground or in your garage, but it will need a dry flat area. The work is performed as follows:
- turn off the engine, put the car on the handbrake. Not be amiss to put under one of the rear wheels stops;
- loosen the front wheel nuts, raise the Jack on the car;
- Unscrew the wheel bolts, dismantle the wheel itself;
- with the help of a powerful flat screw driver, push the caliper cylinders;
- if the bolts are clogged with dirt caliper, clean them with an iron brush;
- Unscrew the 2 bolts that hold the front brake caliper – lower and upper, they are on the inside. The fastener is turned away by a key on 14 mm;
- removing the bolts on the brake hose recline in the direction of the caliper;
- from the brake bracket remove the pads. When removing the TC will have to squeeze, and it is important not to damage the discs;
- fasten the bracket on the new parts, install the caliper in place, tighten the bolts;
- put the wheel, remove the car from the Jack.
The same operation is done on the other side of the front wheel. After installing all the parts in place, start the engine and be sure to press the brake pedal several times – this must be done before the start of the movement. Only after this work on replacing the front brake pads Nissan Kashkai can be considered complete.
Nissan Qashqai rear brake pad replacement
The replacement of the rear brake pads on the Nissan Qashqai is approximately the same as on the front axle. The work is performed in the following order:
- weaken wheel bolts, poddomkratit car;
- remove the wheel, turn off the two bolts securing the rear caliper;
- remove the brake cylinder to the side, remove the brake pads from the bracket;
- before you install the new parts in place, press the cylinder into the caliper, you should press it carefully so as not to damage;
- we fix the new pads in their places;
- install the caliper in place, the wheel, remove the car from the Jack.
As well as when replacing the front brake pads, after perfect operation:
- starting the engine;
- several times click on the brake pedal.
From the first pitching the pedal can fail, but then it will be pressed as it should be with normal brakes.
Nissan Qashqai brake pads
On the Nissan crossover brake pads are produced by different manufacturers, the cost of parts may vary significantly, and the most expensive are the original production pads. Brake pads are sold in sets of 4 pieces (separately front and rear), among the manufacturers of spare parts are the most famous:
- Jp Group;
New original brake pads are quite expensive. Cheaper sold a few sets of brake pads TRW (Lucas). Details of this company are generally good, but reviews of TRW products are different, not all car owners are satisfied with the quality of spare parts.
Pads have high wear resistance, but they can creak when braking. Even with the brake pads, Bosch is not always effective work of the brakes upon heating of the brake discs –pads with sudden braking does not work too well, can create an emergency.
Replacement of Nissan Qashqai handbrake pads
Hand brake pads on Nissan vehicles are installed on the rear axle, in the area of the rear left and rear right wheel. Over time, parts wear out, and then they need to be replaced. Brake pads-drum type, replacing them – more time-consuming work, to perform such operations have to install more parts than when replacing the rear brake pads.
But if to business to approach with all responsibility, blocks can be replaced independently. Replacement pads “handbrake” on the car Nissan Qashqai perform in the following order:
- loosen the rear wheel nuts, lift the car;
- it is necessary to lower the hand brake lever to the end, and that the car does not roll, under the front wheels to put stops;
- remove the rear wheel, turn off the caliper bolts, remove the brake cylinder to the side;
- turn off the two bolts that attach the bracket, remove the part;
- we dismantle the brake disc, it can get stuck in place, and in order to remove it, you may have to gently knock on it with a hammer through a wooden bar;
- the handbrake pads are at the rear of the hub and must now be removed;
- With a screwdriver pry the upper spring on the left side, dismantle this part;
- similarly, remove the spring of the right pad;
- turn the stoppers “pins” on the right and left side, which keep the pads from moving;
- remove the stoppers and spring retainers;
- we dismantle the pads Assembly with the adjusting mechanism at the bottom, disconnect the handbrake cable from the lever, located on the brake pads;
- take a set of purchased pads, rearrange the adjusting mechanism with a spring on the new parts;
- first of all, connect the lever to the cable, then install the brake pads in place;
- before you finally install all the parts, you should adjust the tension of the cables, perhaps the disc will not be worn on the pads. Adjustment is made by the adjusting mechanism nut, it is necessary to adjust the handbrake so that the brake disc rotates with the hub without jamming when the handbrake lever is lowered;
- then set in place the brake disc, bracket, caliper;
- mount the wheel.
All exactly the same operations are performed on the other side of the rear wheel. After the work done, it may be necessary to adjust the handbrake from the passenger compartment. For this:
- dismantle the console, located to the right of the lever “handbrake” (rear, behind the buttons);
- using the adjusting nut under the console, pull or lower the cable (you will need a key for 10).